View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 16:28   Link #133
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Which would be Kazumi Magica Manga?...
Oh, there's nothing wrong with having yet another standard MG series. The introduction of this MG series was a bit different than normal and variety is nice. I suppose I was just a bit interested in the potential of where it could have gone, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
The wish system could have solved everything at the very beginning, yes, but Madoka did not know the wish to wish for. Thus she could not have broken the system if she didn't know she needed to make a wish to break it. It was "perfect" in the beginning in her eyes, drawing her costume in he rnotebook and being a ~*~hero~*~.
I suppose there are people who don't question the candy they are given from a stranger. Perhaps it's just more my nature, though, to ask questions. I kinda thought someone would go: "you mean you have to keep risking your life fighting witches? Why don't we just wish them away or something so nobody needs to risk their life?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This wish would have failed, you know. The witches would have disappeared, the wishing MG would have then turned into a witch afterwards. Nothing solved at all.
Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I didn't say outright wish for all witches to disappear. My point was to ask the question. And from there, ask more questions to understand the system. Once you have all the information (including that girls turn into witches), you would be where we are in episode 11/12; the ability to make a wish which would make things better.

There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance. The latter can be corrected by getting information. The former means never bothering to think in the first place. But it's not like this is unique, either; I've watched a number of bad anime like Fafnir or Seikon where no really asks the reasons for why things go on, even though there are people right there who could explain.

Quote:
Seriously, watch and understand the conclusion in detail before you toss judgment around. It was much more detailed and faceted than you make it sound.
Oh, I'm quite prepared to see if the details make anything different. But the fact remains that Madoka could have done this back in episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To say that ending disappointed me was an understatement.

Of course, I will have another run with subs, but I doubt it will clear that disappointment: while Episode 11 was really slow at delivering points and characters development (a bit similar to ep4 in a slower way), Episode 12 was really the "easy answer".
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a deus ex machina, but it is close enough..
I have to agree. It still felt a bit... cheap. When you have the power of God who can rewrite reality, then it takes all meaning out of any kind of struggle. The characters didn't fight for their ending; they had it handed to them.

Of course, that leaves another big plot hole: If Madoka could rewrite reality, then why do they still need to fight at all? But I suppose this wish was a huge step forward, and if wishes still exist, future MG's could probably further fix the issue.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote