View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 00:46   Link #10657
[HearT]

@Sol;, thank you for saying that none of us can understand this manga and that none of us are smart of enough to even realize that we can't understand this manga :P

"Yeah, I can imagine you would think the Shiritori game was shit when you can't even be assed to pick up on and follow along the rules of a basic game of Shiritori."

I understood the Shiritori game perfectly well, and I still thought the arc was overall crap. Simply knowing japanese doesn't necessarily make this arc better, sure, the word users and the shiritori game had some clever moments, but that's like having a candy bar in a pile of pig slop, sure, candy bars are great, but you don't care about the candy bar when it's buried in pig crap. Just my opinion, of course, I just reaaaally didn't like this arc.

and yet with all of my complaints, I still buy the manga. weird, aren't I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Being featured on the cover isn't the same as having colour pages. Colour pages are basically when you get special pages within the magazine, and those are placed. It's often true that having the cover page corresponds to having the lead or center colour, but that isn't true in this case. Medaka Box and Gintama's rankings this week were their natural rankings.
I realize this, I know how the toc typically works, but that doesn't mean that they can't place a chapter just because it doesn't have a color page. I'm sure they're perfectly capable of shifting around the order with or without a color page, it just seems suspicious that both Gintama and Medaka were in the bottom and then suddenly they're on the cover and they're ranked much higher

Edit: and of course you somehow managed to write a huge wall of text in the time it took me to write a short paragraph..., oO
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote