View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 14:25   Link #249
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy~Noodles View Post
None the less, I have no idea why Kishi chose Obito of all people. He was super weak sause in the Kakashi Gaiden (Thats why some no name ninjas smashed him litterally). And he has just 1 ms technique that I still don't understand how he got. So which friend did he kill to get MS kamui? Rin? Kakashi developed thinking he killed Obito. It's baffling how much of a power upgrade he got in such a short time.
Kishimoto probably thought of Obito as the main villain of Naruto all along.

The signs were there.

An Uchiha. One eye. A broken body. The spikey hair. Obito was always Tobi.

What I'm baffled by is indeed how the dorky little Obito we saw in flashbacks became this ultra powerful mastermind who was living in the shadow of his more talented classmates, left for dead and then somehow rivals the 4th Hokage in ability, in such a short time. I understand Obito's significance in the manga. He's the passionate young ninja dreaming of becoming Hokage who has enormous potential but doesn't pick up on things quickly so he looks like a loser and gets looked down on for his failures. He's the Naruto of his generation. The difference is somehow he became evil while Naruto learned the value of friendship and became good.

Madara obviously has a hand in whatever transformation lead Obito to become Tobi. I can't wait for Kishimoto to explain this one.

As far as the Mangekyo Sharingan is concerned I don't recall an explanation for how even Kakashi awakened it.

He's been carrying the guilt for Obito's death for years and even if he feels responsible enough for killing him what triggered him to actually awaken it when he did?

That too needs explaining.