View Single Post
Old 2006-07-25, 20:43   Link #40
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Another thing I wished the anime should have done is kept Shion's monologue here... Shion had her survival instincts kick in while having this talk with Rena. Shion's instincts told her never to cross paths with Rena. Yea, Rena scared the crap out of her. Also just for time reference, Rena just moved back at this time.
hmmmm.. Just why is Shion realy scared of Rena.. ? From what I could conclude Shion has real belief in the Oyashiro-sama's curse.., thus when meeting up with Rena and after that conversation it would be natural that she'd simply rather stay away from her..; but this would imply that she was not afraid of her prior to that moment.

Had she ever met Rena before she was sent to that private school ?, This would have been of course, before Rena had moved out and then moved in again.

Thing is according to the TIPS (and despite Keiichi had not asked Rena about it) it only showed us that Rika knew of Shion's existence.., and well.. in Watanagashi-hen when Keiichi first questions Mion about Shion.., Rena seems surprised as if she did not know of her existance aswell.

BUT.., Rena did play a Key role in the last episode of Watanagashi-hen.., upon entering the Sonozaki house and sitting down with Keiichi to talk with Mion(Shion).., she Clearly saw that that was in fact Shion and quickly caught her act, specialy from the moment she even says that it isn't necessary for her to show the tattoo; since she knew that her beeing Shion she wouldn't have it.
So she rather just letted the story play along, probably to see how far it would go.

It feels strange to me that.. if Rena had actualy never met Shion how could she tell ?, Was it all instinct ? Was it aswell the same reason why Shion was afraid to cross path with Rena, only pure and natural instinct ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Besides the lack of Shion's monologues, which would've provided a view into her mental workings and explain how she came to reach the conclusions she did (rather than "suddenly" blowing up on Satoko, and "suddenly" wishing for Satako and her aunt to die, etc.), the anime also avoided "tear scenes"
Oh.., it is a shame indeed.., I did not know they where ment to exist, but I clearly see or imagine the diference they would make, not to mencione the impact.
Much like you said.., it would realy provide us with a much bigger in-sight on how Shion's mentality works.., and what where the trigger moments that compeld her actions in the way that they did.

Never the less though, if one pays extreamly attention to the details I belive the anime is giving good foundation to lay down good speculations about the possible reasons that made her act as such.

Altough.., I now miss not seeing the inner monologues aswell