View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 11:55   Link #486
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora: As stated in the first post, i don't like this kind of depressing stuff, settled in a hospital and filled with tragedy. I just hate it, and not because i'm too emotional when it comes to this, but because my anger piles up since i hate pity and cannot feel it at all, and if i try to lower my "defenses", then it's going to be depressing, so not going to watch it.
I was asked to explain this show and basically, yes, it touches the heart very deeply. There's light moments but under it all there's a serious backdrop and though the ending has Rika-chan and Yuuichi being together, it's a bittersweet one....

That said, seeing the two of them overcome their problems and the strengthening of their relationship is indeed something that warms the heart.

Am I right in saying you just don't like to feel heavy emotions that's why you avoid such stuff? As you say, it's not because you actually "hate" but rather you do not want to get affected right? If so, then in this case....

I could say you wouldn't know until you try whether you like it or not but honestly speaking, if you have a bias against a show, there's a chance it may stop you from enjoying to the fullest.

With Hantsuki, it's important because you need to get into the flow of the story and emphatize with the characters. You know best yourself what the extent of your aversion is.

For me, Hantsuki is one of the best LN/anime titles around and as such, I wouldn't want anyone getting a bad experience because of it.

That's why I say if you hate such situations and are unable to feel for the characters or worse are actually angered by it, then it's better that you do not watch it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-04-08 at 12:18.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote