View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 09:10   Link #31596
qno2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyzone
My name is Furudo Erika i am the 18th human on Rokkenjima...... although there are 17 people
Some take it as the "role" of her character: she is introduced as the "guest" and "18th human", since the narrative itself introduced her as such. You could say it was the character description when she applied for the role. Even though there are only 17 with her...
Generally I go with this one too.

It has also been argued not too long ago that it might mean "the 18th human-character shown to be on Rokkenjima in this tale of 1986". Kanon was never a fully independent human.. question is, who is the 17th then? Maybe Kinzo...he did live at some point, even though not in 1986 - but he was portrayed as being alive for four episodes. "He is the 17th human(-character shown as "part of the human-side" in this story on Rokkenjima 1986), the head of the Ushiromiya household, portrayed as being alive but ultimately dead from the start." Not too sure about how to explain the 17th human though; even though Kinzo is a character based on a human it just opens up too many uncertainties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Yeah, that was a fun little debate, and I liked the writer of that monologue... but isn't "dozens fell" an exaggeration of... irresponsible proportions?
Sure, I was exaggerating and I'm not always entirely serious in what I say. 3 from their side participated as far as I remember. And all three 'fell', though one of them seemed to make a comeback later (due to the EP1 1st Twilight). It's kinda sad that the argument never really got off. There was a bit about the alternate solution to the Logic Error and the implications of what Yasu wanted to portray but then it ... didn't really go anywhere. I really liked the atmosphere though, as opposed to the one on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Since when was Battler all-seeing?
He is all-seeing whenever you use irony. 'cause he isn't, even with the Detective's Authority. Was just surprised that a solution like "the gun was hidden behind the shelf" would be allowed with an (incompetent) Detective around, but they never entered the room after all so I can't argue back and will have to accept it.

Though the picture of Shannon franctically smashing her head repeatedly into the stake, barely able to keep the stake stable on the night table, crying in pain, seemed to portray her desperation and anguish pretty well. Pity... oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma
Actually looking back on EP1 it would only be logical (intended by Ryukishi or not) for that space to exist because, as given in the endroll of EP1, the case was later also known as "The Killing of the 18 on Rokkenjima".
Actually, when did they start calling it like this? Following the incident or after the first bottle was made public?

Last edited by qno2; 2013-01-09 at 09:26.
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote