View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 12:25   Link #105
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Stop it with this. It's drastic. He changed drastically from his kid self, Lelouch said that. And now he drastically changed back.

The END.
Superficial personality. Repressed personality.

Quote:

I never said anything about total equality. That's absurd. At the very least, the America of NOW compared to the America of THEN is so drastically different in terms of discrimination, it shouldn't be funny.

THAT's what I'm talking about. That discrimination DOES and CAN fade.
Nobody said it couldn't. The qns I posed though was if Britainnias social fabric made it possible for discrimination to fade and if the britainnian philosophy didn't just keep reinforcing that discrimination by way of reinforcing britainnian superiority.

Quote:
Mao mindrapes people. Would you expect him to tell you the complete truth or distort it to mess with your mind?

He did try to find a way to die, but he wanted his death to not be in vain. He doesn't want useless deaths.
Mao mindrapes people by telling them the truth they don't want to hear -_- Again, I'll say that he wanted to die and he rationalized joining the army, perhaps to atone for his fathers killing. At which point, his rationalization to do so would be that he was justified in killing his father because it was hopeless to defy the Britainnians and this was the only choice he felt he could make. Nowhere does him genuinely hoping he can change the system come into play when he makes the decision to join.

[quote]
Jesus-style of combat is Kira Yamato's fighting style in GSD:

Do NOT kill opponents and just disarm them so they can't fight anymore. Kill only when really needed.[quote]

Yeah...again, don't see how this has to do with him hoping to change the empire. And Suzaku has killed people in s1, ep6 I think.

Quote:
Yeah, but Schneizel WANTS to rule the Empire and he'd rather see it live long and prosper than continually in war with itself. Sound episode again.
Yeah, but he's probably also pragmatic enough to know when that may not be possible. Just because you're pragmatic doesn't mean all your desires will be fulfilled after all. There may be extenuating factors that prevent him from doing so. But again, this doesn't prove that he's good or evil. It just proves he's really pragmatic.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote