View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 14:25   Link #96
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I don't agree. Yuri never shows any real indication of facing what she's done to Kanade numerous times, on a personal level. She admits fault, but never apologizes, even in situations where her own miscalculations have caused Kanade no small amount of pain.

Yuri makes assumptions about Kanade and then sticks to them even when facts point in another direction. I know people that love Yuri like to excuse her faults with "well, how could she have known", but I think it's pretty clear that Yuri didn't WANT to know most of the time. Kanade might be retiring and hard to converse with, but she's also completely direct and honest when asked a question. Even from the very first episode, viewers were questioning Yuri's stance on "Tenshi", so it's hard to imagine someone as bright as Yuri didn't have the same misgivings. If she didn't, then she's sort of sociopathic. If she did, she's self centered enough that finding the truth didn't matter as much to her as taking out her anger on the nearest authority figure.

Even when our actions seem necessary, as they were in episode eight, there's absolutely nothing wrong or weak about feeling bad for the suffering they've caused someone and apologizing for it--even internally.
I don't remeber Otonashi apologizing either, they clearified everything but he never said sorry to Kanade for his actions unless I have memory lose.

Yuri made assumptions but she didn't stick to them. Watch properly, each time she was doubting her actions and coming to realize that Kanade is not God's creation. In the end when Kanade was removed from her position, she never bothered her again. Actually she wasn't sure if she should do the ticket trick at the end of the episode and later was the only one out of all team who actually agreed for Kanade to join the fishing when even Otonashi's fanboy who was following Kanade all this time was against.

She also was the one who organized a rescue team to help Kanade, no one asked her and forced her and later she was sorry.

Besides during fishing she still could have doubts towards Kanade, after all she didn't know her as well as Otonashi did.

And show is not over yet, there is plenty of time to say sorry still.