View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 19:45   Link #7
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
During Akane and Kogami's outing, I thought "That house looks familiar. I'm sure some famous architect had a house just like that one."
Turns out it looks very much like Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.
But before then, did you spot all the tents down by the river? I wonder if the Sibyl system extends that far?
Nice catch!
I noted the tends, too. I think that we saw a sort of sybil-free island where people try to live without technology. Even the professor's house didn't have any holo and had old techology. In contrast to the Mr. Cyborg speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
One of my favorite scene was Akane standing up to Gino. She magnificently put him in his place, which is that of a colleague and not a superior. Given his past, I do understand where Gino is coming from though. He is simply scared of losing another person right in front of his eyes. Nevertheless, he shouldn't treat Akane like a kid, even if she is indeed very young and could use some guidance.
Mine too. I really liked how she stood up to him, for a moment I thought she would have started crying, instead she showed her resolve. She even wanted to file a protest ehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Really enjoyed the episode, we learned many things.
Akane was sooooo cute when she was changing clothes and I admire her resolve, she's the type who never backs down when she decides something despite looking like an indecisive person. It's going to hurt when Urobuchi starts torturing her.

I'm sure Makishina knows that Kogami won't be taken down by the cyborg and is just testing him or something.
yep, she is soo damn cute !!
about Makishima, if I had to guess I'd say that yes he knows that Kogami won't be taken down, but he is not testing him, the cyborg, but want to "terminate" him. Mr. cyborg disappointed him. Or something lke that. Like the school girl did before.
I mean, if the sybil system, in a creepy scale, is middle creepy, the idea of willingly getting rid of your body for a cyborg one reaches the outstanding creepy level And if Makishima is fighting the system, in his own way, Mr. Cyborg is going to the opposite direction.
The other part of Mr. cyborg interview anyways showed a clear Achilles heel in the PP world. If Makishima would find a way to turn down each info terminal people has, that would be a real problem, not mentioning how everybody would be naked in a blink of an eye

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.