View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 06:53   Link #47
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
No doubt. Like I said, there are those kind of people, but I prefer thinking of taking supplements only if it's an absolute neccessity and you have no other choice imho. I wouldn't encourage it otherwise.
That really depends on the person, even when you're not ill. For example, when you have [very] long hair, it's recommanded (at least by some doctors) to get some/more/lots supplements (and I am a girl (well, I know, not all the girls are like me on that point), so I care about things like my hair a lot and want them to stay perfect )

Quote:
Well, from my personal experience, I don't find it neccessary to have supplements. In the UK, for instance, you have a lot of adverts in various supermarkets, mostly Tesco's and Sainsburys which encourages people to take on the 5-a-day strategy. This involves taking at least 5 portions of fruits or veggies, one portion being defined by an apple or an orange for instance. If you do that, along with taking other sorts of foods, like meat or pasta for your proteins and carbs, you should have a pretty balanced diet. I do it myself and it works. Changing what veggies you have with each day works as well.
The point is to do an average of the need of most people. Therefore we can't take one case as an universal truth. Plus, as a doctor (again on french TV) said it, it happens that you can see no difference between two people when they are young. But year after year, the one who doesn't lack of vitamins, minerals etc. on a long period will take the advantage on the one who was often below what his/her body needed.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-12-16 at 12:11.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote