View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 19:28   Link #135
Lunarskylar

i reread a different translation of the chapter, and the way that tobi and kakashi are talking makes it sound like he's... obito

one particular line is: "i've told you not to open your mouth so easily! you've degraded into a man who's all talk and no action"

then after some more talking kakashi is shown having an emotional reaction, with gai being concerned about him. but then naruto jumps in...

so my first question is when has tobi told kakashi not to open his mouth before? i honestly can't recall... however, has obito ever done so? because i recall him and kakashi always arguing as kids, but the exact text and content is vague.

also, although it's just translation, why does tobi say he's "degraded" as if he was proud of what he was before and now he's something worse... sounds like obito talk

unfortunately.

edit:
so after rereading the kakashi gaiden, there are alot of lines that seem more like obito hints, considering tobi's speeches in this chapter

tobi tells kakashi not to open his mouth so easily, but ironically, obito was the one known as the big mouth who opened his mouth too easily, and minato told him he shouldn't do so.

also, after obito is crushed, when he gives kakashi his eye, he tells him "i can become your eye, and from now on i can see the future"
whether this is related to tobi's line about seeing reality is just up to interpretation i guess, but it would also be interesting if tobi could link himself to obito's eye and see what kakashi was doing, rinnegan style.

and finally, the same way that kishi drew half of kakashi's face and half of tobi's face mimics the way he constantly drew kakashi and obito's face, as shown in ch 243, page 16 the bottom panel, as well as earlier in ch 241, pg 17 bottom panel

these could all be straws that are being grasped at, because it would be no surprise for kishi to unintentionally mimic his previous work and content.
OR it could be clever foreshadowing if kishi had gone back and reread the gaiden in order to incorporate some of its elements into these chapters to imply that maybe tobi has more of obito in him than just his eye

Last edited by Lunarskylar; 2012-08-16 at 19:57. Reason: reread the kakashi gaiden
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote