View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 22:06   Link #239
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Maybe I was out of line with the post count and rep thing, BUT despite everything that has been said here it's still the "ban them all" line that keeps popping up.
You're misreading me. Go back and re-read my posts, and you'll see that I have been very consistent about using the term reducing when I talk about guns in society. I have not been arguing for a full-out ban. If we talk about types of guns and ammunition, I might be inclined to say that certain things should be fully banned, though.

Quote:
So I must ask, did you witness a horrific gun related accident? Is that why your against them so much?
Why should it be something personal? I look at the numbers and read the news, and I see tragedies that seem like they should be preventable. Who wouldn't want to prevent them?

Quote:
And if you are reading my posts you'll have noticed that the words TRAINING and RESPONSIBILITY are used quite often by me. THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART OF LIFE ITSELF!
And I agree with you. However, training and responsibility don't prevent people from losing their tempers, developing mental illnesses, or flat out making mistakes. I think we already discussed this and you agreed with me on this point.

Quote:
So what's your stance on concealed carry?
Haven't given it much thought. If you want my raw impression, I'd say that if you're allowed to carry a gun, you might as well be able to conceal it. But I don't have any reasoning for that - it's just my initial impression.

Quote:
As to legalizing the carrying of a gun, the law is: it only to be used as a last resort and in the gravest extreme. In other words you WILL have to articulate why you did what you did before a judge and possibly a jury! There are repercussions if you screwed up, I suggest you both do a little research into the subject.
Yes, there are legal repercussions... but look, if a man kills someone wrongly, a court can convict him and sentence him to what ever punishment the judge sees fit, but that won't bring his victim back from the dead. The entire point of reducing the number of guns in society is to prevent scenarios like that from occurring in the first place. I know that GundamFan seems to think that people only behave themselves because of laws; whether you share that idea or not, I think you will agree that someone who is mentally unstable or who feels like their life is meaningless won't care much for laws and any potential punishment. It does nothing to help their victims.