View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 19:49   Link #120
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ah, let me guess, novel reader? Well, that would explain a thing or two. But whether you knew, didn't care or tought the things that happened were stupid doesn't change the fact that it was plot. Just because you knew that Pheles could bring back Johan doesn't mean that suddenly its not plot anymore. That would be like saying water isn't water anymore just because you know its water.
Actually, the anime is the first I've ever seen of Shana.
That last passage reminded me of Haruhi. Heh.
But in all seriousness, I guess everything is plot, and I'm just arguing that this is very hollow and boring plot. To me, it was just reiterating everything we already knew, save that something is wrong with the Reiju Maigu.

Quote:
You did mean dialogue, but that aside, tons of stuff happened during the fight, which I already described.

Then what was the plot in the twins fight?
Spoiler for Twins arc:

Granted, I misplaced some things and got some little details wrong, since I haven't seen that in a while. But, here is the plot of this last fight:
Spoiler for Fight 13:

Anything after that is plot in the story, as the fight was over.

Quote:
Okay, lets recount. Someone you respected to the point of idolization just killed the one you loved. Should that not have an impact on a person? Should he simply shrug and go 'meh, I'll forgive her. Its all going to be fixed anyway'?

That would be a ridiculously unbelievable scene.
I would be shocked, as would anyone, to see that. However, after realizing that it's just an imaginary world and everything will be restored to the way it used to be, I wouldn't continue to go beserk. Rather, I'd keep a calm demeanor and wait it out.

Quote:
I'm not expecting you to change your rating, I'm simply discussing whether episode 13 had a plot-filled fight and whether Tanaka's reaction was justified.

And having fun doing so. Important detail.
Note that this is going to sound sarcastic, but I honestly do not mean it to be.
I'm sorry. I kind of forgot that ASuki isn't like the other boards I've been to, where people tended to argue with me just because they wanted to argue with me so that they could trip me up on one little thing and use it to discredit my entire argument. I'm just not really used to having an argument to somebody who actually believes their side of the story, rather than trying to play the devil's advocate in order to make me feel terrible. For my accusations, I'm sorry.