Thread: Licensed X-Men (Madhouse)
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 11:52   Link #8
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hisako Ichiki aka Armor. She's a somewhat ''recent'' addition to the team (she was introduced nearly 8 years ago) she had the fortune to star in one of the better X-Men stories, but considering this will be her first animated depute, it looks like her luck ran out ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
So there will be no Gambit? :\
Thankfully
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I hope Hisako Ichiki plays a more central role in the story. I'd hate for one of Joss Whedon's creations to be reduced to a damsel in distress...
Being optimistic, I'm happy they actually attempted to shake up the roster and include a relatively new face instead of the regulars.

Of course, I'm not looking forward to the treatment her character will end up getting, if Iron Man was any indication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Considering the team behind this series previously worked on Basilisk and Afro Samurai, I'm sure it'll suck just as much if not more than Iron Man and Wolverine. This Marvel Anime thing is really turning out to be crap. Lol Madhouse.
I agree. I'm not even sure anymore what is up with Madhouse. The studio's output for the past year had been particularly awful, but the Marvel line up was especially painful to even look at. Horrible music, unimpressive animation, shoddy writing ... I question if there is even any effort from the creative force in making these shows aside from contract obligations.