Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 07:38   Link #1120
warita
Dai-Youkai

hello guys,

I am new to this forum and I decided to write my first post in the anime I like the best, which would be Mirai Nikki.

I really love this anime, but to be perfectly honest, it has loads of plot holes. although that said, the anime knows how to gloss it over with action. The show doesnt stop to dwelve on things that make no sense, but moves forward instead hoping the audience will be too busy watching than thinking.
That said, I do have a few cherries to pick with the last episode, because sometimes the incongruencies and illogic can make you feel disconnected from the plot, which pretty much happened in the last episode.

Personally, I think it is a bit of a stretch that Y&Y have been sighted in several small towns by so many people. Also, what exactly made Akise think that Yuno wants to keep Yukki captive in some half abandoned onsen town? So far they have done everything together and there was no reason for anybody to assume, she will keep Yukki prisoner (in fact, I dont understand her motivation either).
Another stretch is, that the detective asks a teenage boy to do his job.... and risks the life of another 3 teenagers.... ah really?
Furthermore, that brilliant idea that the place they are hiding in must have electricity and running water is again a stretch. I mean, Yuno has been living in a house without electricity for quite some time (and Akise knows that too) and now all of the sudden she needs it? Aha..... is Akise a mind reader?

But nevermind all those details..... what I really wonder about is: Why is Yuno trying to capture and kill all of them? Obviously, she came to the onsen town to prepare for the showdown with the remaining 3 diary owners, yet she is trying to kill Hinata, Mao, Akise and that black haired dude.

Also.... why did she drug Yukki? He has the ability to change the future outcomes. Wouldnt it be more beneficial, if she had his support?

I cant say I enjoyed this episode so much. I felt disconnected from the plot by all those things that didnt make any sense..... plus there was a shift in storytelling perspective from Yukki to Akise.... and I just cant stand that smartass. I hope Yukki will free himself soon and take over again.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote