View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 10:52   Link #159
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage
Well since I never really got into any of the newer PSOs after I quit the first one I might get some things wrong but basically the character type naming convention in PSO follows this:

Class convention:
HU = hunter
RA = ranger
FO = force

Then followed by race convention:
mar = human male
marl = human female
newm = newman male
newearl = newman female
cast = android male
caseal = android female

So yeah there is a cast. And naturally FO is inaccessible to cast and caseals.
Those were only class designations. Race members were still called androids, just like humans weren't called "mars".

CAST only became a race descriptor with Phantasy Star Universe.
Quote:
I actually played the DS PSO and it's exactly like you are saying which is kinda dumb in my opinion.
Are you seriously badmouthing Phantasy Star 0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
And for PSU don't even mention that abortion of a game.
I don't think the game is that bad. Granted, the online mode of the original game was bad because it mostly consisted of missions that were already available offline. But the offline game was good. I know people like to hate on its story, but I enjoyed it. The expansion added more content and made the online mode worthwhile. Of course, support was still bad, but that's not the game's fault.

Phantasy Star Portable is a very good portable version of the game. I was impressed. The story is decent as well. The only complaints I have are that some of the gameplay problems of Phantays Star Universe got ported as well and the field music themes being downgraded to what almost seems MIDI music at times.

I haven't played Phantasy Star Portable 2 yet, but I hear it fixes everything and is what Phantasy Star Universe should have been.

Last edited by Benoit; 2012-08-04 at 11:12.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote