View Single Post
Old 2013-03-10, 18:28   Link #75
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
this can be looked at both ways though. i think it's more likely that those students were given those teachers because of their potential
I don't think that's always the case though. It's true that there are a few instances where we've learned that the reason a Kage level shinobi decided to train someone is because of their heritage and potential (ie: Oro/Sasuke, Jiraiya/Naruto).

But in general, we were told that teams and their respective leaders are assigned based on balance. So it wouldn't make much sense for the powers that be to intentionally assign genin with loads of potential to the top-tier jounin (and future Kage level) shinobi of their time. That means cases such as Tobirama being assigned to teach Hiruzen, Hiruzen being assigned to teach Jiraiya, Oro, and Tsunade, and Jiraiya being assigned to teach Minato were probably coincidences.

Ultimately, I think a lot of it comes down to coincidence or fate--which seems to be a driving force Kishi loves to utilize. That's to say, the best were destined to help raise the future's best and so on and so fourth.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote