View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 15:22   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Why exactly is is so important to "protect" those "who don't know" from "spoilers"? I don't recall them ASKING to be protected, from being "spoiled"?
Incidentally, don't because you don't "recall" hearing people ask for this doesn't mean they haven't in fact asked for it. The policy we have now is the result of the many years of experiences with people on this forum, and my own personal position is a reflection of the opinions of the people I've interacted with on these boards over the years. Some people really are adament about not wanting to be spoiled, and the majority seem to agree that spoiler tags should be used. The fact that you don't see people asking anymore is because we now have a relatively-well-defined policy to deal with the issue.

If you really want to read an old but informational thread on the subject, you can check out the question I asked almost two years ago partially related to this, and the results of the poll. It's not a perfect cross-section of opinion, but it was an interesting discussion.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote