View Single Post
Old 2008-03-19, 11:35   Link #250
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, if Kazumi were to be contracted by Pheles, she would probably not have a sword. If you think about it, Margery is big into Unrestricted Spells, and Wilhelemina is big into Ribbon battles. Kazumi wouldn't have to be depicted as someone with swords and crushing throats. Since Pheles is wind, Kazumi would probably be using a lot of wind based attacks, focusing her power of existance to slam enemies against walls or something. Pheles, from the little we've seen of her, to me looks like somebody who stays away from the action and fights from a distance, very similar to the personality I can see in Kazumi.
Actually Pheles primarily uses her fists to fight, so that makes her very up and personal with the opposition. But thats not even the point - whatever power would it be, i can't for the life of me picture Kazumi actually using it to attack something, never mind kill. It doesn't matter what kind of power she has; if she can't utilize it to dispatch her enemies, she is a hindrance in battle. With Kazumi's personality i find it hard to imagine her being anything but pathetic in actual battle.

Quote:
As far as we know, that is true. However, perhaps the Hougou is a contract device, and Pheles lied about it so that she could be sure that Kazumi is really comitted to it.
The reason as to why Pheles would want to make a contract with her is the similarities between them. Tomogara in some way or another have torn them from their love (Sabrac killing Johan, the world of Tomogara putting Yuji is an entirely different world), they both have fought for love, and they both just seeemed to "click".
Its still a very far fetch, and i can't see why Pheles would want to contract anything - that would only make her weaker and dependent on Kazumi, which is the last thing you want to depend on in combat.

Why would she want to contract Kazumi ? What is in it for her ? She isn't looking for a companion on whose shoulder to cry on (besides - she dislikes Kazumi). Nor is Johan fully dead as it seems, and she has her own agenda. Tomogoras (and Flame Haze) are out to kill. Basically with disregard for human life, as that is not their concern. Is Kazumi even remotely capable of that ? Is Pheles even concerned about keeping the world's balance, which is the purpose of Flame Haze ?

In the first place, as far as i can tell, Guze no Ou that form contracts are ones that are interested in keeping the world's balance, but are so strong that their direct presence alone disturbs it. (Alastor true form). That why they form contracts - so they could further their own agenda which would be impossible for them otherwise. They aren't looking for chat buddies. Since Pheles doesn't have those problems (which basically means she is weak compared to Alastor and probably the rest of Guze no Ou of the main cast) why would she have the even slightest of interests in a contract.

Contracts are formed because of need - both parties have an agenda they can't achieve otherwise. And there is no such need for Pheles. I am not even sure there is one for Kazumi, as i don't think she would throw everything away to keep tailing what she knows is unrequited crush.