View Single Post
Old 2008-04-29, 17:06   Link #29
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Well I had no idea where to post this thus I posted in philosophy since philosophy kind of incorporates everything :P. This post will look in the different ideas and thought process of different characters in this series.

First off Lelouch. In order to understand what lelouch is doing is to understand why he is starting rebellion to start off. I am not trying to Justify what he does or saying what he is doing is okay. I am simply stating his goals. Goal 1a. is to make a peaceful world for Nunally. Goal 1b. to take revenge for his mother Death. It is obvious at this point to say Goal 1a. has completely taken over 1b. Example 1 will be his willingness to abandon his plan for vengeance to get Nunally. His self reflection in Season 1 last episode is evidence to this. He realizes why is he fighting this lonely war if he is not with Nunnally at the end. The next step in the Analysis is how he plans to achieve this goal.

Destruction or Deconstruction (Path of Carnage). Lelouch finds the current form of Government oppressive and a terrible system. I believe we can agree that Brittanian is not the ideal form of Government. It oppresses the weak which is one of the main reasons he dislikes it. Oppression of the weak makes people Nunnally not worth very much in the world as she is weak. So Lelouch plan from the very beginning and reiterates with Urabe in Episode 2 R2 is to destroy britannian. Specifically the way he wishes to achieve this is by taking down the Emperor. This is proven by the Fact that constantly talks about Emperor and wishes to take him down.

This Destruction turns the world into Chaos. The Chaos that is war. This motif is not new. We can go back to the times Babylon and talk about Myth of Marduk. As Marduk destroys Kingu and out of the Ashes he creates Mankind. This idea is called Combat Myth, and it is talk about throughout antiquity. The reason I drawing from here is because Lelouch is Marduk. Marduk tries to free the other gods from serving. Thus Out of the chaos of Kingu he creates humanity. This idea of Chaos turning into creation is also found in the Hebrew Text of Genesis 1:1-2. The point being Lelouch way of getting his goal is thrusting the world into Chaos and rebuilding from that chaos at the end.

Since we talk about what his goal is and how he plans to get there one finally comes to idea of is it right. As said earlier there is no right answer to this question as this deal’s with a lot of grey. One must not put our own ideals onto him. For instance His priorities are wrong. Well for you maybe. Lelouch priorties are as he sees fits. Do I wish for him to change? Yes! I would want him to embrace his comrades more (Kallen ). This is Lelouch Rebellions not yours. Hopefully I put some perspective into why he does what he does. Again this can change as the story progresses but for right now it is like this. Next up is the Foil Suzaku but it is for another time.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote