View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 00:41   Link #7
Dr. Casey

Quote:
In terms of constructive criticism, the "voice" you use in writing Madoka can sometimes seem like it's actually too girly and innocent. While it might just be differences in how we interpret her character, this can sometimes make it difficult to identify with her.
The voice he uses is very similar to the one used in the December 2010 100 question interview with Madoka, for what it's worth.

The format was definitely unexpected for me as well... it works very nicely, though, and I think it's awesome that you addressed the concerns I raised. (Not sure if what I said has anything to do with your choosing the format, though) It was a very enjoyable read, and I'd love to see an actual Visual Novel made from this.

As for my choices, I went with 1C and 2B. I know that 1A is the most in-character, but hey, if I'm free to choose whatever I want, I'll just indulge myself and go with the most entertaining choices. 1B had a more interesting answer than I was expecting... I guess I shouldn't rule out any choice as being comparatively boring, since you make them all interesting. 1B's was sweet, I think Sayaka's flustered shyness was cute... hurting Sayaka's feelings in 1C made me feel a bit guilty, but I won't go back on my choices because that kinda ruins the point of this story. As for the second question, I was tempted to go for 2C. It's such a cold thing to say, and combined with 1C would start to make Madoka seem like a bigger bitch than anyone else in the series. Maybe I should do a Bitch Madoka playthrough one day, where Madoka ends up alone because she alienates everyone by being mean all the time. I'm a fan of the Madoka x Homura relationship, though (I think one of my favorite scenes is the one in episode 11 where she breaks down and spills her soul to Madoka), and couldn't help but indulge the girl.

And so in the course of just one school day, I've broken one heart and won another. This is fun, I'm eager to see the next chapter.

Quote:
Different choices can "raise" or "lower" Madoka's level of affection with different characters, and that can open up (or close off) potential yuri romantic routes.
Huh... I wonder if it's possible for two (Or even all) of the characters to tie in affection points, and turn Madoka into a Makoto Itou. >_>
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote