Thread: AE Karaoke
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-20, 15:56   Link #44
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
I've been using after effects for YEARS, I even script SFX in a studio and I don't even understand what you're typing
Well... I've been using/coding in JavaScript for more than 10 years. JS Objects in AFX is no different from any other JS calls I've ever used.

I made a sample project already, showing simple examples. It's very simple. I'm planning to make a more advanced one (perhaps involving with Particles playground and shatters -- particles playground needs positions and shattering works the best on syllable per layer scheme).

I'm still fixing my syllables per layer, because it's not as good as I'd like it to be. Currently, the syllable per layer can do the following:

1. Layer timed to the syllable with specified lead-ins and lead-outs: KRKLayer::l( styles , true )
2. Layer timed to the line with specified lead-ins and lead-outs: KRKLayer::l( styles , "all" ) -- added in 0.45 (which I can't think of an application for this)

EDIT: ! I found its application. Set Opacity=100% for Start=0% and End=100% (with one keyframe), and Set the rest opacity=0% with a range selector (the script has a bug and requires you to have a range selector) of ALL. Then you will have the following effect:

One Syllable per layer for the duration of the entire line
Therefore, you can apply all kinds of effects to that syllable. You can use expressions to apply effects or use the given property from krk to apply effects.

3. Layer timed to absolute syllable timing: KRKLayer::l( styles , true ) with markers set with unnorm.

All somehow needs to interact with Text Animators' Opacity ON/OFF selectors.

Yes, I watched your tutorial, and after you generated your stuff and decided to do things manually, I immediately gave up on it ;p Karaoke are supposed to be:

1. Template Design
2. Generate
3. Debug and Fixes on the template (not on the generated karaoke)
4. Regenerate
5. Production

It seems that the AFX scripts now provide are:

1. Template design
2. Generate
3. Hardlabor manual work to get things right
4. Testing
5. Production

The one I wrote and my original plan was to jump from template/code design directly to generating and production without any intermediate manual work--that's what Karaoke is all about, imo.

THOUGH, I prefer to have a GUI to generate the codes (the codes in used for the script is nothing more than configurations).

Last edited by pichu; 2008-10-20 at 17:47.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote