View Single Post
Old 2011-05-30, 08:16   Link #8191
madmac

Quote:
Sad chapter for Nagi. Whoever hoped for Nagi growth should be sorely disapponted by now... to be honest, I am. But as long as Hata won't let her grow up at least a bit, I don't see how the show can go anywhere.
Eh, she's already grown quite a bit, even with her backsliding in the last two chapters. Her speech to Hayate before entering the con the first time was impressive growth by itself, and she hasn't veered away from wanting to do this thing without relying on him.

Besides, the flash forward already made it clear she was going to fail the first time in some respect, now we're just finally seeing what causes it. Mostly a combination of inexperience, listening to the wrong people, and her own stubborn pride, from the looks of it.

Nagi will come out of this humiliated, but it'll just make her more determined to succeed in the long run. Her little body is mostly powered by rage, after all.

(That's not to say I'm not a little disappointed too, especially if she just keeps on backsliding, but this particular setback was more or less anticipated.)
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote