View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 22:40   Link #990
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Can't wait! Azula was and still is my favorite character in the series! And she is the one about whom I want to know more... did she stay crazy for the rest of her life in a cage or did she get some kind of redemption? Did she meet her mother?
The whole 'mother' thing has been such a tease that the writers have had a lot of sick fun with. That said, as much as I'd love to finally get that story, it's almost become a meme within the Avatar universe, and I sometimes wonder if the mother story is best left untold, because of it.

It's like the cabbage cart -> Cabbage Corp. I'm not sure that meme would be as good if they decided to tell us the story of how that actually occurred.

I'm also hoping Azula did get to move on with her life. She didn't get an epilogue like almost every other character did at the end of the Last Airbender, which made me so sad.

She'd also be a great choice for somehow telling the story of the mother, because that relationship was quite possibly one of the key reasons Azula turned out the way she did. When they were on that beach retreat, and having that heart to heart talk among the four of them, how could you not feel yourself go 'aww' over her comments regarding her mother? I always felt far more sympathy for her, than Zuko.

Lastly, she may have gone off the deep end at the end, but there's no way she'd have been content sitting in some jail for the rest of her life.

As for Korra herself (not the show), I think she was a fine character. Almost great even. Which is completely separate from my opinions on how they ended the first season, or why after showing such savvy and spunk when she first encountered the two brothers in the whole girl-meets-boy(s) sort of way, she turned into such a simpering idiot over Mako. What is it about chiseled-faced heroes? Maybe he dies during the offseason, and we get Korra back as the strong, self-confident woman who doesn't need Mako's strong arms. On a less(?) serious note, Katara did end up with Ang, rather than Zuko, so there's always hope they don't end up pairing Mako the stereotypical superman figure with Korra. A little hope.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote