View Single Post
Old 2008-08-10, 23:32   Link #81
arsinoe74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Let me first state that Zero is not a poor character, not in the least! He has many good qualities and that is a fact. But Kaname is also an honourable, loyal, and compassionate person himself. He's just a bit harder to understand. Most people seem to only see his actions as being manipulative but, really, in his situation and given his objective, his actions are mere intelligent, strategic decisions for the better of his kind, relations with humans, and especially for Yuuki.

The situation in VK is not like being Superman where you protect your girl by fighting "bad guys". It's a touchy, scheming, political war between and within vampires, vampire hunters, and humans.

With many people harping how Zero cares for Yuuki more than Kaname, then tell me what exactly has Zero done FOR Yuuki (equal to what Kaname has done for her)? - aside from making her cry, worry, risk herself by offering him blood, and (one other major thing that I won't mention because it's a major manga spoiler).

The major difference between Kaname and Zero (for me) is that Kaname actually takes action to achieve his goals, while Zero just wallows in self-pity, talks about revenge but doesn't make any intelligent plans to accomplish it. That is Zero's setback for me.
Ditto you took the words out of my mouth.