View Single Post
Old 2012-09-25, 00:43   Link #243
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

My idea of parenthood is not a super-Tamagocchi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think it's not really that people "die off" literally, it's that this isn't really a "group show". It's a show that, to this point, is basically about Kirito and Asuna only. They encounter other people along the way, and they take the focus for a while to deliver the story in question, and then those introduced characters fade into the background. That's pretty much the way the anime is structured so far. That doesn't mean that it'll always stay that way, but so far each encounter is rather standalone rather than some other stories where the characters introduced are more interwoven within the narrative. Personally that doesn't really bother me, but it's a different kind of storytelling that feels a bit more fragmented than the typical plot-driven anime. But, as we've seen so far, the earlier fragments do seem to come back later, so I think it's mostly a matter of being patient and seeing where they're going with all this.
Let's cut to the chase, and I'll get a lot of flac for saying this, but let's be honest.

This is a geek wish fulfillment story. Nothing more or less.
In essense, it's not any different from multitude of "little sis who loves her oniichan" anime, just in a different theme.

This is not meant to be critique, there's nothing wrong with one.
I find watching or reading "wet dreams come true" quite entertaining, in fact.
Hell, otherwise why would I play eroge.