View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 11:41   Link #363
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
See, that's why I can't have Kotonoha as this innocent, pure rosebud... she was pretty nasty, in that final day. "She thought Sekai wasn't pregnant"? Why was that not even brought up until she opened her up, then? If I remember correctly - and I think I do - she wanted her to have an abortion, of all things.
She wasn't innocent/pure, but I forgive her quite a bit more because she had broken down by this time - I just can't put on the same ground the acts of someone who has snapped and the acts of someone who is perfectly in control of himself. That's why there is prisons and psychiatric hospitals.

And because her snapping was due in big part to other's nastiness. It's all good and well to say "revenge is a bad answer", but as true it is in practical terms, it doesn't mean it's not an understandable reaction, it gives quite a bit of excuse (as long as it's not blown out of proportion, and she admittedly is quite a debatale case) nor does it diminish how nasty others actions were toward here.
Quote:
I mean, honestly, we'll never agree, as I don't think her "mistreat" at the early stages of the series was ever anything to be so worked up about - she had no reason to lose her life over a cheating boyfriend, people don't usually break over these kinds of things - and I do not think she was justified in her behavior towards Sekai, before she committed her crime.
I agree that her losing her life (and also Sekai's) over Makoto is pure waste, and that her breaking down due to being rejected and being insanely (in the very meaning of the term) clingy to an obviously no-more-interested boyfriend is very excessive - that's, I've acknowledged several times, where her own fault lies.

But I think she's totally and entirely justified in her being nasty to Sekai, though. If you treat badly someone, you've no right to complain when these persons treat you badly back. I see it as acceptable comeuppance.

If I spit on someone out of the blue, I don't think I could complain if I get a punch in the face - I asked for it, I got it.
Seeing your reasoning, I think that's probably a point where we'll have to agree to disagree.