View Single Post
Old 2005-12-31, 13:29   Link #142
Mentar
Banned

Lythka, whenever I see _your_ little face speak for "us, the true fansub community" full of pathos, I need to suppress my laughter ... like all of us, you're just one very tiny lightbulb on the anime christmas tree, and not a very bright one to boot. How about you speak for yourself instead of everybody?

It's certainly not your bigotry or naming conventions which are obstacles on the way to more mkv adaption, it's convenience. Many people simply prefer to stick with what they know, and know to work without effort. Most of the groups adhering to mkv are nice enough to offer an avi compatibility version to give people more time to switch. Even then, most releases downloads are around 25-30% mkv already. Once these groups decide to announce only to support mkv (or mp4) from then on, you'll be stunned how quickly people will learn to adapt.

This kind of "mkv is evil because evil people use it, you need to cleanse it first" nonsense reminds me very much of babble from religious zealots ... it tends to take a while for reason to spread, but I'm confident that it will. Just a matter of time.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote