View Single Post
Old 2008-05-10, 21:24   Link #249
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm removing the spoiler tags from my reply, because these questions aren't really spoilers (they're only about episodes that have been fansubbed so far or the basic show's premise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
1. Why Sakura is here, Junichi is an old fart already? Can she not age?
2. Nemu didn't turn up, supposed she's dead? I recall they married at the end of 1st series no?
3. Some anime bloggers said DC II wasn't worth it and at the end the protagonist didn't end up with anyone. Were there any significant event in relation to Yume and Otome in this season? At a glance ( from anime blogs) I gathered it was all about the male lead and the orange/ pink head girl. (was the pink head girl a grand daughter of Mrs. Shiwassu!?
4. I see that DC II SS made a lot of reference to the original series, and that was praise worthy it adds a fair value to the whole series, make it memorable. But is it essential to go over DC II to fully enjoy DC II SS?
To add to serenade_beta's answers just a bit...

1. They'll cover this in the anime, I'm sure, so it isn't something you missed. But as s_b said, this issue goes back to the original D.C.

2. This also isn't something you missed. They haven't said.

3. The first season was indeed focused on three characters that won't be focused on in this season. There were some hints and connections to this season, but you don't have to watch the first to understand the second. (Though I would suggest that you should have seen the original D.C.)

4. D.C. II S.S. makes some references to events that happened in D.C. II, but like I said above, the more important references are to what happened in the original D.C.

All that being said, I don't think the D.C. II anime is by any means bad, although it certainly isn't quite as compelling as this season. To me, it helps to remember that both season were really just two parts of the same production; the first season is made better knowing that it's only "part one", in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For once? Hmmm... Nah, I'm sure we've agreed somewhere else before too.
Hahaha... yes, I'm sure we have. You just have this sort of bitter/dismissive tone to all of your posts that always make me feel like I disagree, and makes it seem like you hate everything I legitimately enjoy. I don't know... it's just your writing style to be flippant? To be honest, I just can't stand when people joke about things like "I thought I killed so and so already" or "I wish this character would just die". That being said, I usually do at least see where you're coming from, to a degree.