Thread: HD wars redux
View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 03:18   Link #54
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
But when we all have cybernetic eyes with 100 megapixel resolution in 2020 we'll be able to tell the difference!
But if you want to see in detail how Legolas whips the ass of an orc somewhere 500ft in the background of a battlescene, you prasise the lord of hi-res for provding you the means to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
The only problem is that because of the size and resolution of the screen, the picture will look so realistic it might cause motion sickness for some people when watching certain movies. Also according to Wikipedia, Ultra HD will have 22.2 audio (24 audio tracks!). How do they expect the average consumer to install 24 speakers in his living room? (Not to mention the minimum size the screen would be to notice the difference in quality from normal HDTV, as already mentioned)
Imo for motionsickness one would need a simulator. Heh, I want one.

Concering 33Mpixel resolution.. what is missing at the moment, is the quality of raws to meet that standard. Imo, today there is no film offering that resoulition. When I watch a movie in a cinema, I always try to identify the details, but even if the film is rather new, many things just blur out. So either they change the quality of the raws for the new technologies or there is no need for 33Mpixel showing a blurred scenery.