View Single Post
Old 2009-08-30, 08:41   Link #2277
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Also, talking about how's the manga is going to end is even more pointless than talking about how the next chapter is going to unveil. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but with more people guessing, and stating their opinions, it's starting to become more and more like Negima. It's like you want it to end...

Well anyway, as for the chapter goes there are just too many possible outcomes for me to predict anything. Someone with a different point of view post more possibilities.
Well, how about this ending? Like, all the girls meet again like 3 years after and it's unclear who ended up with Hayate. That would satisfy and disappoint the most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Well that was more than I was expecting. This will be quite an obstacle for them to overcome, in fact they may not overcome it. Still, before we start singing praises for Hayate x Athena we have to get Athena's side of things. If she decided that pursuing the stones is more important then she may completely break his heart the next time they meet. Even if she were to be more accepting later, if she turns him down cruelly anytime soon then Hayate will be crushed. Then it will be up to one of the other girls to step in and help him.

I think that it may be good if for the next arc or two Hayate is openly pursuing a girl (in this case Athena). That way all of the other girls can step up and actually develop some kind of relationship with him. If you look at things in general terms, the poor butler doesn't really have many friends...Wataru, Sakuya (kind of), Isumi (don't see each other much), Nagi (different case all together), Maria (more professional), the student council trio (barely), and Hinagiku (complicated).

If Hayate ties to hook up with Athena then the others will get a chance to help him or get closer to him in some way. Hina and Maria may try to provide advice, Isumi and Watau may get dragged in at some point, and I don't even want to know what Nagi will do when she finds out. But I see Hina or Maria (being in the 'strike zone' themselves) as becoming a lot closer to him in the upcoming chapters. They will probably talk to Hayate about his feelings for Athena, how he plans to tell her, and just being a good close friend and confidante. That way if (when, I hope) Athena turns him down or chooses the stones over their relationship he can turn to one of them for comfort and maybe he can start to develop more romantic feelings towards one of them. Hell, to really spice things up, actually introduce another guy character and see how Hayate likes Hina or Maria or somebody dating the new guy. The way I see it this new plot line has tons of possibilities for crazy antics, misunderstandings, and general chaos, more so than the original plot! Hata-sensei, you're a genius!
That's what I had in mind too. This is my speculation, and it sounds more like a fanfic than a speculation:

Hayate goes to confess, but Athena rejects him even though she likes him. Machina kicks Hayate's butt. Hayate fights back, but he loses, again. Fallen on the floor, he shouts his true feelings out to her, but Athena just turns away with Machina. Hina ignores Hayate and Hayate becomes depressed. Maria cheers him up, proving that she's a main heroine, and seeing Hayate so depressed, Hina thinks that she might have chance with him and resumes her normal activity. Hayate decides to abandon his feelings towards Athena as he had said what he wanted and it was clear that Athena still hated him(to him). They come back to Japan at this point(maybe after some plots related to Nagi and Isumi). And Athena, she will regret about her decision, but she doesn't want to show her true feelings to Hayate so she will ignore him (but starts to attend Hakuo more often).

Athena will then try to persue whatever she's trying to do with gemstones on her own, but will fail eventually. Machina tries to help, but it doesn't do her any good. Machina gets angry at Hayate, thinking that he's the cause of her depression and the two guys fight. Hayate defeats him this time, and he provides helping hand to Athena.

This would be my dream scenario, actually.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote