View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 14:21   Link #5249
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
oh there was a victim in the next room over? I mean "2" is in both sets

Ok... well nice theory, really! Battler would be ashamed for "only" coming up with small bombs, or a "hidden mechanism that enables high towers to rise in the rose garden", however i take the red sword out and say: There has been NO clues that the universe is inside a room, therefore by "the name of god", I FORBID you to use that argument. DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCED TO DEATH! THE GREAT EQUALIZER IS DEATH!
Aha! But hold a moment: It's very clear that Erika received specific information about the physical makeup or formal definition of a room only when she asked for such specific definitions. For example, Erika asked, and had it confirmed for her, that "the guest room" contains "the bathroom," "the bedroom," and "the closet." It was possible to say Battler is not on the bed even though Battler was inside the room; it is possible to subdivide a room while remaining a part of a larger room! Ergo, it is possible to subdivide the definition of a room, and unless that room is more specifically defined, it is only possible to speak about the room in general terms. Battler exploited this by simply failing to define the cousins' room or its contents with specificity, leaving open the possibility that everyone who isn't Kinzo could be defined as being in that room.

It is possible that, had Erika asked for a more specific subdivision of other rooms and a more concrete description of what they contain, Battler would have been forced to compartmentalize "the cousins' room." But because Erika never asked, he's free to define "the cousins' room" arbitrarily as any space he wishes, so long as it can be sealed by Erika's fiat seals! Clues are not necessary; the definition of "the cousins' room" was never asked for, and prior narrative precedent makes it specifically clear that Erika had to ask in order to be sure!

Moreover, it was not addressed how Erika could make "the cousins' room" a closed room unless she was inside it! If "the cousins' room" is an inclusionary substitution for the entire universe, it is possible for her to have sealed it while remaining inside! In fact, "the universe" - or some arbitrarily-sized segment of the universe larger than the room itself and at least encompassing the hallway - is the only definition of a "closed room" that can be permitted to describe "the cousins' room!"

A neverending seal of duct tape envelops the entirety of creation! Nothing may enter or leave the universe so long as this seal is in place! "God" transcends the universe! "God" is separate and distinct from the universe! Because "God" is sealed outside the closed room, he cannot interfere! The name of "God" cannot touch this argument!
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error

Last edited by Renall; 2012-04-13 at 14:33.