View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 04:24   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
You guys seem to forget that Fukuyama was a surprising actor to be Lelouch, people assumed the Va's for Lelouch and Suzaku were to be switched because Fuku seems a more Suzu char and has a voice for such a char.

It's been noted..*damn forgot this, but some interview* that the director had told Fukuyama to be more lower in his voice and evil. While in trade he told Suzu's VA to be more cheerful and happier.

It's the same for Yuri and Johnny; I expected Yuri to be Lelouch due to his .Hack//GU Haseo voice and Johnny's Nero from Devil may cry 4, he's much more cheerful than Lelouch is.

Personally I think the US is trying to hope for similar miracle to happen by making voice actors play opposite parts.
My understanding, as others have mentioned before, is that both these characters are deep down, the opposite of who they want to be seen as. The voice actors were suppose to be uncomfortable in playing roles that are in opposition to their usual jobs, in the same way the characters themselves are trying to defy their own nature.