View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 12:37   Link #163
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What you are describing is a normal tyrannical country.
Technically I'd say it's an exceptional tyrannical country. Since the selection criteria seems to be aimed directly at recruiting not only sociopaths, but sociopath murderers.

The biggest reason that this challenges the legitimacy of society, is because every bad thing about the Siybl system can no longer be dismissed as an oversight or something just falling through the cracks. We now have to start actively considering the possibility of malevolence in the way the Sybll system operates.

Remember the drone factory where all the workers and management were collaborating to have one worker get beaten as part of group stress relief? People could accept that when the impartial computer system told them it was the mentally healthy thing to do. But how impartial is that assessment when you realized it was come to by a group of sociopathic murderers? I certainly don't think many people would think that would be an impartial conclusion, and I don't think they have much reason to think so.

I think some people might be missing out on the fact that the episode is presenting this revelation (and Touma, the Sibyl Representative) as being as monstrous as possible.