View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 14:42   Link #22
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillobator View Post
To clarify, I don't mean to accuse anyone in this community of racism or any other kind of malice, and I understand that many, probably most, anime fans get into the genre for purely inoffensive reasons. It's just that my paranoid mind, badly scarred by a personal history of debating with white supremacists and other racists elsewhere on the Internet, can't help but make connections to larger racial issues.
To point out this is not a Caucasian website. We have people from every ethnicity on this board and we have people from around the world.

And also since you brought up the "hotness of Asian women" I also want to point out that we have men and women here.

I realize racism exists but I don't think you are going to find that on your typical anime board. I would not be heavily involved in a fandom that I felt was racist against anyone.

Are there some anime fans unreasonably obsessed with Japan who think Japan is some type of paradise, well yes. But sometimes it is hard to understand the grass always seems greener on the other side. I don't think this is a reflection of anime fandom as a whole though.

As for not liking anime well that is your prerogative. Perhaps you just have not seen any titles that appeal to you or perhaps it just isn't your thing. As long as you are not rude about it I don't think you have to justify your feelings.