View Single Post
Old 2008-08-07, 05:33   Link #54
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Rika doesn't seem confused by the fact that she doesn't have the memories of Saikoroshi-hen's Rika when she arrives there, which makes it appear natural for her to not have access to the memories of the local Rika when she enters a new world. That, combined with the fact that she doesn't realize that Akasaka's wife lived in Minagoroshi-hen's world (also, when she arrives in that world she has no idea what the date is, which you;d expect her to know if she had access to the local memories) indicates to me that Dark Rika/Bernkastel's memories and personality replace those of the local Rika.

I agree that the fact that Rika acting as Bernkastel before that point (e.g. warning Akasaka in Minagoroshi-hen) is the biggest problem with this theory, however perhaps this indicates that, just as there are many worlds, there are multiple Rikas moving around and "our" Rika is replacing them rather than the original Rika. Interestingly Rika does seem to transform from a little girl into a hundred-year old witch according to this TIP: "But that child has changed ever since kindergarten."

The problem with Higurashi working as savepoints is that Rika clearly lacks memories from the world she's in from before her arrival. If it worked incrementally, then you'd expect her to know what happened in the world she arrives to. The reason Rika can adapt smoothly in every world other than Saikoroshi-hen despite lacking the local Rika's memories is that most worlds are extremely similar to ones she has already been to (though extremely unusual occurrences such as Akasaka's wife living still throw her off).

I wonder if we could send Ryukishi07 an email and have him give us an unambiguous explanation.
My savepoints are from multiples game branchings
It's like she she has too much savegames on her PS2 card
That's why she doesn't know what was happening before added to some random events (ex: Mion's games, Teppei coming back...)
She doesn't know if she's in a watanagashi-hen type world or in a failed-himatsubushi world or in a success-himatsubushi world or in totally failed world (keiichi doesn't move) or... too many options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thing is: any past actions done by Frederica becomes rock solid and transmigrated for the next worlds, whatever what Frederica does, since it is "in the past".
Yeah
That stuff of strong will becomes fate.