View Single Post
Old 2010-11-18, 18:57   Link #50
Raitos
I'm Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm sorry, but in this case, I fail to see the relevance between showing off a "sign" of Bankai and "absolute proof". Besides, why would Kubo even bother to make Byakuya point out a sign of Bankai achievement if the sign doesn't actually guarantee anything? That would kind of ruin the point of the sign in the first place. Because if both shikai and bankai users are capable of skipping the release command, then that would make the sign, not much of a sign at all. It also wouldn't make any sense for Kubo to write that (from a writers perspective).

For you to believe that makes me believe even further that Kubo simply hasn't done a good job of doing Aizen's shikai justice. His ability is practically like trapping someone inside the matrix on command. So who cares if it doesn't increase his "normal regular power"? He's got plenty of that as it is. And if it means having the ability to easily stab someone in the back at any time or fire off nuke destroying kido spells from far away with complete and total impunity, or tricking your foes into fighting each other, then I'd say that's plenty powerful enough. The problem lies with Kubo. Because if he ever had any intention of exploring the vast possibilities of such a cheap ability, then it'd be very difficult for Kubo to write scenarios that actually involve Aizen losing in plausible ways for a change. So instead, Kubo makes Aizen ignore KS altogether when it's convenient for him. This makes it possible for Yamamoto to claim he's more powerful and for Isshin to push Aizen to his limits when everyone else couldn't. It unfortunately also makes Aizen himself look like a complete and total dumbass for not constantly spamming his ability.
I bet KT cries himself to sleep every night because of posts like this.