View Single Post
Old 2009-11-15, 15:57   Link #26
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Almost done with the second playthrough... at first I was annoyed that I was going to have to repeat the storyline to get to lvl 50. But within seconds of leaving Fyrestone, it became clear it wasn't "just the same thing again". The mobs are nasty little devils and not the same with more HP (more, bigger, meaner, smarter). And we've found lots of little quests we missed the first time through. When you plow through a big bug and it vaporizes your car .... you get a bit more respect for going around them.

Main complaint: the weapon generator for drops and vending has NOT seemed to scale up with our levels. Most of the stuff we're finding or seeing at the machines is utter crap for our level. I'm still using the same stuff I got at lvl 35 for the most part. The Hyperion and Atlas "wonders" have been meh. My son also discovered there's a $$$ cap.

My main is a siren speccd Elemental/Controller but she carries gear for both the Plaguebringer and Firefly mods depending on the predicted bad guys. Lately, because of the weapons scaling problem... I've been using a particular sniper rifle (x4 fire) as a "close combat revolver" with great effect coupled with firefly mod and incendiary artifact. Lots of screaming (how do they scream long after all the relevant parts are incinerated? ).
2nd Playthrough is very simple. On PS3 I already have 3 characters that are all lvl 50 and finished 2nd playthrough. Once you finish 2nd playthrough every monster in the whole game become level 49/50/51. Thats when it starts to get annoying.

Also the money does say it caps at 9999999. But in reality it does go past so if you keep selling items and try buying items you'll see that the meter doesn't move at all proving there isn't a cap but they just don't show it.

My weapons list when I was like level 42, I still was using a lvl 18 sniper rifle on my siren. Personally I don't like the firefly mod or the plague mod. I personally use the Mercenary mod for the fact that I love spamming smg and usually I'm running around with a Roland that has support gunner mod which is usually my 2nd controller just sitting there. Or I have quite a few friends on it. I myself haven't really gone down the controller mod because I found that during the end of 2nd playthrough that controller was not as effective. But if you do play on the PS3 which I don't know if you do or not seeing as I didn't read everything from page one but skimmed through. I could give you a few weapons that I held onto on my siren. I have quite a few x4 fire and x4 corrosive since thats basically all you'll use once you start old haven. I also got a x4 shock for the fact that the guardians will own you unless you can take out their shields.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote