View Single Post
Old 2008-11-15, 17:32   Link #73
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm still starting but the game is shaping up wonderfully.

First of all, I don't know if it's just me, but it so reminds me of Skies of Arcadia. Not in terms of actual story or gameplay mechanics, but rather the whole design of it is just reminiscent of that game, from the menus, recruitable characters to the way they look. I wonder if the character designer is the same, or if the team behind Skies of Arcadia also worked on this one. Heck, Vyse and Aika are in it! (Still haven't found Aika though.) God damnit Sega, where's my Skies of Arcadia 2!?

With regard to the dub versus original comparison, so far the dub isn't bad at all. I'm actually liking it. In fact, I'm mainly using the dub since the translation is sometimes different from what's actually being said in Japanese. The overall context or meaning is the same, but Sega chose not to translate everything literally and mainly made sure to fit the dialog in English first. My Japanese isn't perfect, but I can understand a good deal of it sometimes, so such a gap between what's being said and what's written onscreen can be bit of a bother.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote