View Single Post
Old 2008-02-03, 13:51   Link #23
cloudninja

Further thoughts on episode 6 preview clip.

"To love the person you love to the point of breaking" by Jun. Seems like Jun might be referring to himself and Noe as he looks at and plays with Hiromi's hair. Hiromi's eyes widen in surprise but I think that statement probably makes her think of Shinichiro and her situation with him. Hiromi and Jun don't know each other that well and it's too early for them to develop serious feelings so that statement is very suspicious on Jun's part. It looks like they might have just finished a date in that clip but it's probably a case where both parties are still thinking of someone else.

"I did'nt forget anything. Not even once." From Hiromi to Shinichiro's mother. Hard to tell exactly what she's referring to but I'll hazard a good guess. It's her thoughts and feelings of Shinichiro that she kept sealed since moving in until recently. She wants to acknowledge those thoughts and feelings. She can't hold them back anymore. There are other possibilities but I'm leaning towards this for Hiromi's sake and because she has opened up more with each passing episode.

"What kind of joke is that?" By Shinichiro and also the title name of episode 6. I still think he says this to Aiko as the ending of episode 5 sets up episode 6 to be Aiko-centric. The episode titles have so far alternated between Noe-Hiromi-Aiko centric statements so it should be Aiko's turn. Except in this case, instead of the girl saying the statement it is Shinichiro's response to her.

1) Because I Gave My Tears Away (Noe)
2) What Do I Want to Do... (Hiromi)
3) What Happened? Talking About the Other Day (Aiko)
4) Okay, Splashy Splashy (Noe)
5) A Meddlesome Guy is Like a Fool (Hiromi)
6) What Kind of Joke is That? (Aiko?)

Makes sense if she confesses or gives the sweater to Shinichiro.