View Single Post
Old 2004-09-11, 11:14   Link #17
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Usually I tend to prefer mangas because of the story. Many times anime will deviate heavily from the original storyline, which is ok as long as they can pull off a story just as good as the originally intended, something that doesn't happen very often.
In the case of the Naruto series I prefer the anime. The story is good in both anime and manga (In fact practically the same. Granted some of the important details change, but I do not feel this to be a drastic change as long as you're willing to go with it.), I don't care about the filler, and I'm sure I'de care even less if I hadn't read the manga, considering I wouldn't know about it. I feel the fillers in Naruto help to consolidate Naruto's fantasy world through little critical details that the manga fails to deliver. Apart from that, despite what people tend to say (mostly dissapointed manga readers), the anime has a very good production team. The way they manage excitement, humor, action and drama is extremely enjoyable. I especially like the music, which isn't the most increadible thing I've heard, but they use it very well to capture the emotion in the scene (people who have seen any anime where the music just destroyed the mood or failed to convey the necessary emotion will know what I mean.)
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote