View Single Post
Old 2009-09-06, 00:13   Link #303
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadModBassist View Post
Ain't that the truth. I hate cheap guitars nowadays. I mean, it's great that anyone can begin, but I feel I'm doing a disservice to the world by lettign Harmony and First Act to continue making guitars, and all companies like that that create the cheapest guitars ever.
Also, it's kind of funny how Yui actually does play the full size Gibson Les Paul, and does note that it is extremely heavy. Why can't girls be like Yui, huh? Why do they have to have baby guitars? :P

Anyway, even before this anime I wanted Mio's Fender Jazz bass
Well even new LP's are a bit heavy at the neck...

I've been to Japan a few times, and pretty much always looking for a guitar to buy, was there last year in Oct and scored this little beauty

It's an Edwards LP 92SD/QM, got it for about $600. Not sure if you know that Edwards is another branch from ESP Guitars. I tried this to a real Gibson that was probabaly a late 80's model, and truth be told sound wise the Gibson was a bit better, but that was going for $3000. But money was a factor for me so I went with the Edwards, have already done a few cover songs with it and so far loving it!

For some time I was thinking about getting a Fender Jazz Bass but after watching K-On! I knew I had to get the tobacco finish! Luckily found this bass that was Made in Mexico but had some reall great upgrades added to it like a BadAss Bridge II, Hipshot Tuner on the E, and better electronics.

rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote