View Single Post
Old 2009-05-06, 15:10   Link #322
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The streaming's definitely not high quality. It also buffers too many times which can be distracting.
I dislike the eternal buffering and the stream quality myself. But I overcome the buffering by pre-buffering 80% of the show before I start watching. It takes forever, but I suffer with it.

I overcome the crummy flash video quality (made crummier when made full-screen on my 60" 1080p set) by sucking it up and getting over it. Mainly because I really, really want this sort of thing -- same-day subtitled releases over the internet -- to be successful! I'm also paying Crunchyroll for essentially 1 show (the only one there I was interested in) because I want to put my money where my mouth is.

Since Funi's stream is free, I'd encourage anyone and everyone who has access and likes the show to at least go ahead and let the stream buffer and play, and rate the show, even if you do your "quality watching" by other means. The more popular it gets, the better investment it gets. And more money gets to the creators. The cost is just a tiny bit of suffering.

For Phantom, I'm missing the full effect that the HD fansubs were giving me at first, but I'm really enjoying it anyhow. Go figure. This one returns to the ingredients that I thought made Noir and MADLAX my favorites, and then goes and kicks it up a couple of notches. I hope production funding can sustain this level of quality through the entire run.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote