View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 14:53   Link #94
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@MarvelB: Doma appeared!...albeit as a little head in the corner on the last chapter...but still, there you go, a present from Oda just for you (and other Doma fans)...

Not just Doma, but Makugai finally reappeared, too! I hope we see those guys kick some marine ass when the next chapter comes out a couple weeks from now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Ok, after reading the actual chapter I'm not that disappointed with how Squado got fooled into betraying Whitebeard. Apart from playing on his hatred for Roger, the marines staged an attack wave that didn't hit any of WB's crew to convince him. Under these circumstances, and being in the middle of a war to boot, it couldn't have been easy for Squado to think clearly. It still makes him look incredibly foolish, and he still should have known better, but it's not as hard to believe as I first thought.

Glad to see you (somewhat) approve of the reasoning behind Squado's betrayal, though the PX army solely targeting the NW pirate crews was already pointed out in the spoiler summaries....

Anyway, that last spread for the chapter got me seriously pumped up, no question about it. Whitebeard's a wounded beast, now..... and remember, nothing's more dangerous than a wounded animal. Those marines are gonna have hell to pay for turning Whitebeard's own son on him.....

By the way, the expression on Moria's face when he saw Whitebeard get stabbed was priceless. Now I'm hoping more than ever that he'll salvage the old man's corpse after the war is over. Oars Jr.'s corpse too, for that matter (Hogback should be able to patch up the leg in a jiffy). It'll be like Christmas came early for ol' Moria.

Sigh..... I hope that Buggy will be defrosted by next chapter......