View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 03:41   Link #62
Swithin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wait, I thought Assassin was out because they were all killed off by Rider back in the first season, I don't think Kirei had used any of his command seals (I thought they had vanished upon his death, returned to show that he still had a role to play and then he inherited all of his father's seals in addition).
Haven't read all the replies yet, but someone below (actually, the very next post after yours) pretty much nipped my loony theory in the bud. My thinking was along these lines:

1. Kirei makes a deal with Assassin to release the command seals, but Assassin still stays loyal.
2. Kirei orders several of his Assassins to fight the dialoguing kings and die (but some or one stay hidden and alive.)
3. Since he has no command seals left, it's easy to fool Tokiomi and his dad into thinking that Assassin is out of the game.
4. Profit.

But yeah, if Kirei burned all the command seals in the novel, then this obviously isn't the case. Was ordering Assassin to crash the party any less of a stupid and wasteful plan in the novel?

edit: Ok, all caught up with the replies.

It can't be Berserker, although I'm not sure how serious that suggestion was. There's only one reason to kidnap Irisviel: to get Saber to show up. So far, both Rider and Gilgamesh have expressed a desire to confront her. Berserker's only reason to force an encounter with Saber is if, in the process of kidnapping Irisviel, he realized that she doesn't hold Saber's command seals (if he believed her to be Saber's master, he'd just kill her.) This is asking a lot of Berserker... impersonating another Servant and carrying out an abduction, while being lucid enough to notice a small detail on Irisviel's hand, maintaining the facade under fire from Maiya, and then coming up with an alternate plan to get at Saber's real master by kidnapping the decoy. And he'd have to do all this on his own initiative, since Kariya is otherwise occupied. It doesn't fit anything we've seen of Berserker so far.

By the way, you guys make great discussion. Wish I had started checking the forums here sooner.

Last edited by Swithin; 2012-05-20 at 04:11.
Swithin is offline   Reply With Quote