View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 09:28   Link #82
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
BTW, it is Rikka who's always started the fight.
I wonder how you arrived at this conclusion, other than by means of "she's the chuunibyou so of course it's her fault", because that sure isn't what it looks like to me. It's clear, IMO, that as far as physical confrontations between the sisters go, Touka is the aggressor, because she sees Rikka's chuunibyou as something that is "wrong" and responds to it with violence.

Consider this: The first time we ever see Touka, Rikka is frantically running away from her, then trying to hide. Next morning, she shows up in Yuuta's room with a bandaged forehead.

Second time we ever see Touka, Rikka runs away from her. Rikka then accidentally knocks herself out, and when she comes to, runs away again, then tries to hide. Touka finds her, and only then does the fight happen. It ends with Rikka taking a ladle to the forehead.

Next time we see the two of them together is in episode 7, when Touka shows up in her car. First thing she does upon arrival is to pull out her ladle in a threatening manner (with no provocation), causing Rikka to assume a defensive stance.

After that, next time they meet (aside from a one-way conversation over a closed door) is when Touka shows up to stop Rikka and Yuuta from looking for the Ethereal Horizon. Rikka runs away.

The only time we see Rikka initiating a fight is at the end of 7 / beginning of 8, and that is obviously a special case because of her emotional state. Touka proceeds to beat the shit out of her.

But the telling moment comes afterwards: When the already defeated Rikka insists that "the Ethereal Horizan exists", Touka takes a firm step forwards, ladle in hand, clearly about to punish her for this outrageous statement, before Yuuta stops her.

So no. Rikka doesn't "always start the fight". If anything, the fighting between them comes about because Touka doesn't accept Rikka's chuunibyou. I'm sure Touka has had it rough, too, and continues to have it rough, but she's still in the wrong. If she'd just let the chuunibyou stuff slide and let Rikka deal with the loss in her own way, the two of them probably wouldn't have had this antagonistic relationship.