View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 13:36   Link #1000
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think I'll just go ahead and not continue this debacle. First steps to settle these debates is not replying to them, after all.
Quite I'll admit I had some part in this when I flipped on Coma in IRC the other night, but there was probably some miscommunication going on he seemed to want to get rid of the TSAB very throughly like treat it like it didn't exist. That was a bit too much for me to take, but I probably let some pent up rage slip in that shouldn't have so yeah I apologize for some of my anger last night in IRC though I don't feel my position as a whole was in error.

Quote:
You sure? Felix never struck me as the teasing type. I'd think he wouldn't give a damn about Tesla's crush on Griffith.
He’d use it probably only if he a reason to IE to try and get even over something or to counter teasing directed at him, but yeah teasing in general isn’t really his thing straight out smack talk is more down his alley; at least if he can get away with it.

Quote:
Pity, the scene is endlessly amusing.
A lesser version is entirely possible and I can also easily see him say getting fed up and dragging her out back to totally wail on her in the interest of "training" and her thinking it was like the most fun thing ever or something for instance. Basically though she’d probably remind him entirely too much of a female version of Alan eliciting something to the effect of an “Oh god another one!” reaction…

Quote:
Yeah, well, walking into the same office together, nod, do your work, nod, and leave generally qualifies as getting along in my book.
True, but I was thinking more like getting along as friends not like getting along as in vaugely acknowledging each other existence and then going about there own business.

Quote:
Though how much does he love blowing up whatever place he has a job at? With my current plans of Tesla having an investigative job that might create a small amount of friction (albeit nothing beyond facepalming level).
The less shooting involved for him to get his paycheck the better in his opinion, and he’s worked allot of jobs that didn’t involve it at all. He was a reasonably active private investigator for the better part of a decade before StrikerS after all and he also worked more general security jobs and did some consulting and such. He’s experienced enough to know that shooting first and asking questions later is often the worse way to solve a problem and act accordingly… usually. This can break down somewhat if he has a grudge of personal stake in the matter at hand though.

In some ways his approach to his work is sort of based a bit on a sort of a theme from Appleseed manga (or at least how I took it). Namely that you can get swept up and so involved in something almost by accident that even if you later want to leave you can't because you've got no where else to go in that case and this one that world is the military/mercenary world. Basically he often rather dislikes many aspects of his job, but its basiclly the only thing he’s good enough at to make a living off of. Acutally he’s really good at it and yet he still often hates it...

Quote:
Oh, there's nothing wrong with analogies. Just that the American army is hardly what you'd call an accurate comparison to the TSAB, which destabilizes any analogy made.
It's more an army thing in general really... Acutally it almost works better after all the US army is one of the most competent on the planet and it STILL has idiots like this running around. Just think what it's like in the former USSR or Africa...

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote