View Single Post
Old 2009-12-12, 15:59   Link #4057
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The problem I have is, how does she find these bodies so quickly if she's not the killer? How come no one ever spots her staking? Why doesn't she miss bodies (note that, at least for Rosa/Maria in ep3, the staker DOES miss bodies, but it's fairly uncommon)? The bodies get staked so quickly that if the staker is not the killer (and I think the staker at the very least isn't the only killer, if he/she is a killer at all), we're asked to either believe that the deaths happened earlier than we figured, or that the staker is following the killer around aware of who they are and who they're targeting, then "cleaning up" after they strike without ever being themselves spotted and killed.
While I'm still not quite sure myself if I believe in individual StakerX and MurderX there is something I have grown to think over the last couple of weeks, while preparing for Episode 6. One of those things appears here...it's about why the second twilight in Episode 3 does not match the preceding one's in regards of the stakes missing.
I think that this wasn't meant to be a '2nd twilight' but was a complete mess up.
This Eva-Beatrice is the same person Maria meets in Episode 1 and 2, she was prepared to give the envelope to Maria and probably scare the crap out of Rosa if it had to be done, but something went wrong. Rosa believed that person to be Ushiromiya Eva and things got complicated regarding Rosa possibly telling people that something is not right on the island...or maybe that person believed Rosa to have witnessed something crucial when she met with Ushiromiya Eva in the rose garden after they found the gold's hiding place.
Yet of course people knew that Rosa and Maria went out and it was sure that they would be missed if they suddenly vanished, so just carrying them away wouldn't help and letting only Maria alive, even though she adores Beatrice, she could have told things she was not meant to tell.
So that person had no other choice than to kill them both and leave it for the following people to decide if what happened was a 2nd twilight...also remember that the only clue we have towards the killer/Eva Beatrice aiming towards 'twilights' is Beatrice always insisting on it that she creates them.

So I am forced to believe that the killer is also the one doing the stakings, but he is of course bound to normal laws of time, space and emotions...and maybe he gets nervous in certain moments and does not do his work as good as it could have done.
Even though we are lead to believe that Rosa and Maria were already dead for a while when they were discovered, it could as well be that the killer was about to prepare the corpses to look like previous twilight victims, yet he/she heard people coming and was forced to run.