View Single Post
Old 2012-07-29, 13:22   Link #879
teh_nubkilr
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
O_O I've never seen the need to debate arbitrary rating numbers to such detail. I mean, what's the difference between a 6 and a 8 or an 8 and a 10? Or a 7 and a 8.253532. It's just abstract representations of a feeling. Personally, for me, it works on a tiering scale, so the ones that have provided the highest level of enjoyment get a 10, and we work our way down. But as I see new things, this rating ends up changing even though the anime didn't, so it has its problems. But I don't care-- other people would. What works for one doesn't work for other people. I've long been a proponent of changing the rating scale to letter grades so people would understand it better, but that's just too trivial of an issue, and any extra discussion deserves its own thread.
I don't particularly like numerical rating system, as it requires a little too much effort for my liking to differentiate between things like 'good' and 'great'. It follows that I only assess things on the simple pass/fail system (i.e. I liked it or I didn't like it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, from the nature of the post, Reckoner's post is more of a rant than a review and thus can't be judged accordingly. It's not that great of a review, because it isn't one-- it's a reaction post. If you can't appreciate and understand rants... well let's just say it's just like being unable to appreciate this movie.
I think I need to let cooler heads prevail and hang back for a bit. I admit that I prefer reviews over rants and raves

Last edited by teh_nubkilr; 2012-07-29 at 13:33.