View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 13:18   Link #70
justsomeguy

Meh, to tell the truth I never thought Bakemonogatari was more than above average (8/10 at most), but Nisemonogatari is somewhat weaker, though my complaints are mostly the same (too much damn talking).

* Hairstyle changes: God dammit, I hate short hair, and this show reminds me of the time Felicity cut her hair (and viewership and ratings), except three girls do it here. Ugh.
* I hated the fanservice. They added nothing to the show. And Araragi's perversion is much less likeable than Tachibana Junichi's or Tomoki's.
* "Naisho no Hanashi" is nowhere near as good as "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari," but that was to be expected, considering how amazing that song was.
* Pacing sucks. Karen got 7 episodes that dragged on way too long (three episodes dedicated to the previous show's girls, and four to fix her problem), while Tsukihi got 4.
* Very interesting philosophical debate at the end, regarding people who are truly good vs those who are not but try to be. That alone made this episode great, since I finally got one of the themes of this season after spending every previous episode wondering what the point was and waiting for things to happen. Were it not for that, I would have liked this show quite a bit less.

Score for the episode: 9/10
Score for the series: 7/10

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote